Community Film Making involves producing films with, for and about people of all ages and backgrounds on their own terms. My work has the specific aim of empowering, enabling and giving a voice to people involved in all kinds of positive projects in the Birmingham area. This includes work with youth groups, community projects, work in schools, residents’ groups, lobby groups or community-based work in the public sector.
I’m happy to help out with:
- Helping groups source funding
- Drawing up a project plan with participants, encouraging creative input and explaining the film making process throughout
- Bringing in other creative professionals when needed – this includes drama teachers, production of websites and workshop facilitators
- Teaching participants the rudiments of using all equipment
- Filming, sound recording and photography using industry standard equipment
- Editing, DVD authoring and duplication
- Assisting with film screenings, DVD distribution and exposure
For more details or even if you would just like to discuss ‘Community Film Making’ in more detail, please get in touch!